Monday, February 25, 2008

Chantix - Update

So today is day 18 smoke-free for me. I've had a few interesting experiences, the most interesting annoying of which is what I call "the blahs". This actually started before I quit completely - I had a week where I was smoking 2-3 a day before I just said the heck with it.

It's not that I'm unmotivated - I'm going to work, working out, doing my walk, my place gets cleaned, my laundry gets done, I've gotten my application information in to start school in the fall, my financial aid info it filled out and in - if anything, I'm more motivated about getting my life together than I have been for a while.

Socially, I'm "blah". Getting together with friends seems to take too much energy. I'm not myself - my sense of humor is off, my timing is different, and everything I say or do seems/feels forced to me. It's the "to me" that's important there - no one else seems to notice a difference.

I have 7 weeks of Chantix left, so for now I'm going to stick with it. This is the best I've ever done when it comes to stopping smoking. I can't discount that. If 3 months of feeling "a little off" and being a bit isolated is the price, then the price doesn't seem all that high when taken in the context of an extra few years of life, ya know?

So for now, I guess I'll stick to work, exercise, TV, video games and routine.

No comments: