Thursday, April 3, 2008

HDTV Antenna pictures

As promised, here are some pictures of my antenna set up.



It's...uh...not the prettiest thing. However:



This is the "in action" shot. It fits behind the TV without an issue. You can make out just a bit of the wood if you look closely, but once I get back in there and clean up all the wires, I'll move the antenna to the center, and it will be completely hidden.

Of course, I'm not really content to leave things like they are now. Since my intention is just to pull in my local channels, my design can be a little more flexible. At some point, I think I'll get a nice, smallish piece of wood, cut it into a circle, paint it a nice black, fork out the $5.98 for clean, 14 gauge wire and fashion some sort of sunburst design that I can hang on the wall behind the TV as "modern art". If I mount the transformer behind the wood, no one need even know it's an antenna unless I tell them. The possibilities, as they say, are endless!

No comments: